Wow, what an eventful day yesterday was. Some days foster parenting offers challenges that exhaust me completely. The emotional roller coaster, the investigative nature of trying to figure out what drives the behavior of a little guy. The medical, psychological, and emotional puzzle of this little guys struggles. Interacting with so many different people, all vested in his welfare. It really sucks the hootspa out of a girl. Then on to Junior college night for an older son, smiles everyone, smiles!
I am helping to prepare a baby shower for a young woman at our church. She is young, just 22. Thinking about her, and what the future may hold for her and her little family, got me to thinking about life at 22. Much has changed for me since I was 22. That was really a difficult time. I didn't realize at the time that it was difficult. I had graduated from college, was having a post college, pre-real life, super good time. I was bar tending, partying, picking up and traveling to far away places to party some more. I didn't really have much in the way of financial responsibility yet, and my parents were living in Egypt-- leaving me in charge of the house and my younger sister. It was an "out all night, sleep all day", kind of life. To be honest, I was setting a pretty poor example for my sister, who at the time was working full-time at a nursing home, and was far more responsible than I was. Looking back at that time, and even later, till about age 25, it make...
Comments
Post a Comment