The first few weeks of this new life chapter has been a bit different than I envisioned. Moving in and getting settled has been a much slower process, as I am unable to help-- at all. I unpack a few token boxes now and then to feel useful, but the burden has been on Jeff to get us settled. I am surrounded by incredible beauty, bird song, and lovely cool breezes-- no disappointment there. I enjoy them primarily from the inside of our home, sitting in my wheelchair, which I won't deny is a bummer. I watch my son from my window each day as he runs up our country lane after getting off the school bus. He is happy, really happy. He has made friends, and is chatting each evening with them, he seems to enjoy school, and best of all he is getting face to face time with his grandparents each day. Jeff is in homeowner glory, breaking out power tools, fixing things, building things-- learning from my father in law--- spending daily time with his Mom, which is again, the best part of all of this. I am feeling loved and cherished as my husband and in-laws care for me like a princess. I want for nothing. Jeff cares for my every need without a hint of resentment at the extra burden my injury has placed on him. He cooks, he cleans, he makes Nick's lunches, he works, he does everything around the house--- and no exaggeration-- he is so happy, he practically whistles as he works. This was the right move, of that I am certain. I do believe that this suffering is serving a purpose. Our marriage is being refined in this season. Jeff is speaking his love language of acts of service loud and clear-- and I am feeling so loved. I am exercising my weaker muscles of letting go of control, allowing others to help me, and being quietly respectful when I disagree--- which in turn makes my husband feel loved, appreciated and respected. Of course I wish God had chosen a less painful way to teach us this incredibly valuable and timely life lesson--- but the lesson is appreciated just the same. In the end we will be stronger. Blessings come in all kinds of unexpected forms. #blessed #countrylife #greenacres #refined#happyhusband #happywife
I am helping to prepare a baby shower for a young woman at our church. She is young, just 22. Thinking about her, and what the future may hold for her and her little family, got me to thinking about life at 22. Much has changed for me since I was 22. That was really a difficult time. I didn't realize at the time that it was difficult. I had graduated from college, was having a post college, pre-real life, super good time. I was bar tending, partying, picking up and traveling to far away places to party some more. I didn't really have much in the way of financial responsibility yet, and my parents were living in Egypt-- leaving me in charge of the house and my younger sister. It was an "out all night, sleep all day", kind of life. To be honest, I was setting a pretty poor example for my sister, who at the time was working full-time at a nursing home, and was far more responsible than I was. Looking back at that time, and even later, till about age 25, it make...

Comments
Post a Comment