Our Sunday night was spent preparing Valentines for school today. I love that my 10 year old still finds joy in that. My 4 year olds first words this morning, were...."but Mommy, we have to get more heart lollipops!", we ran out last night. I do believe the child lost sleep over that. We had a fantastic weekend. We celebrated my baby sister's "40th" birthday. We had a great night out. Yesterday at our church we had a meeting about a wellness challenge we are engaging in. Kind of a "Pound for Pound" health & weight loss thing. The speakers were really knowledgeable and incredibly inspiring. I took away a really good tip. Of course I'll share it with you. Ok, he said, "You have 21 meals in a week. Make it your goal to do 18 of them right." (Meaning, mostly veg, avoiding bad fats, whole grains vs. processed, etc...) I like that. It is tangible, gives a little room for grace, and I feel like that is something I can start with. Losing 20 lbs would go a long way toward making me feel better. When my face gets pudgy it makes me feel VERY unattractive, somehow my gut can get fat and I don't sweat it, but my face, now that is another story. So I started with oatmeal this morning, check! One meal done right!! 17 more to go!
I am helping to prepare a baby shower for a young woman at our church. She is young, just 22. Thinking about her, and what the future may hold for her and her little family, got me to thinking about life at 22. Much has changed for me since I was 22. That was really a difficult time. I didn't realize at the time that it was difficult. I had graduated from college, was having a post college, pre-real life, super good time. I was bar tending, partying, picking up and traveling to far away places to party some more. I didn't really have much in the way of financial responsibility yet, and my parents were living in Egypt-- leaving me in charge of the house and my younger sister. It was an "out all night, sleep all day", kind of life. To be honest, I was setting a pretty poor example for my sister, who at the time was working full-time at a nursing home, and was far more responsible than I was. Looking back at that time, and even later, till about age 25, it make...
Comments
Post a Comment