I consider myself a pretty hands on Mom, but let me tell you, I have a "kryptonite"--- it is throw up! I love my baby boys, and I will do most anything, to make sure they are happy & healthy. When gastro intestinal nightmares hit my house, I want to go running for the hills. My poor baby Nick started feeling crummy yesterday, and it got even worse today. I feel so bad for the little guy, he is miserable. It is so scary to not be able to control that crazy Run to the bathroom business. Shamefully, as I am chasing him to the bathroom, all I can think of is RUN!!!! PLEASE MAKE IT TO THE TOILET!!!!! My poor husband is trying to teach a webcast class in his office, he hears wretching, then me, saying OH my..... this is sooooo.....disgusting.....blech...gag... choke. I lose all composure at the sight/smell of puke. So sad, I know. My compassion does come back eventually, but it takes me a few minutes. That my friends, is my Mommy confession for the day.
I am helping to prepare a baby shower for a young woman at our church. She is young, just 22. Thinking about her, and what the future may hold for her and her little family, got me to thinking about life at 22. Much has changed for me since I was 22. That was really a difficult time. I didn't realize at the time that it was difficult. I had graduated from college, was having a post college, pre-real life, super good time. I was bar tending, partying, picking up and traveling to far away places to party some more. I didn't really have much in the way of financial responsibility yet, and my parents were living in Egypt-- leaving me in charge of the house and my younger sister. It was an "out all night, sleep all day", kind of life. To be honest, I was setting a pretty poor example for my sister, who at the time was working full-time at a nursing home, and was far more responsible than I was. Looking back at that time, and even later, till about age 25, it make...
Comments
Post a Comment