How do you handle change? Does it stress you out? Does it make you lose sleep, or get stomach aches?? I can handle change ok, once I am sure what the change is going to be. Where I have trouble is, "limbo land". Not knowing how things will work out, not being sure what the change will look like, stresses me out beyond belief. It often seems that changes happen in bunches for me. Never one thing at a time. So now I have a few of our "changes" settled, and whooooop, out of no where drops a big one, that impacts all of the other things I thought were all settled. Now how do I handle that one??? Well I already have a stomach ache, and I can feel the stress building. Of course, I feel like this is a test of my faith. Can I let go of the stress and trust that God will see us through, and that it will all work out as it should? He has proven to me over and over that he cares and will intervene on our behalf if I am faithful and prayerful. His solution isn't always what I have in mind, but it is usually better than my plan anyway. Faith has gotten me through some pretty rough times, and I know if I choose His strength instead of my own strength, His wisdom instead of my own, then all will work out. So I'd better get busy praying so I have a shot at sleeping tonight. :) (Don't worry friends, there is nothing horrible going on, just something that will take some creative thinking, and lot's of optimism.)
I am helping to prepare a baby shower for a young woman at our church. She is young, just 22. Thinking about her, and what the future may hold for her and her little family, got me to thinking about life at 22. Much has changed for me since I was 22. That was really a difficult time. I didn't realize at the time that it was difficult. I had graduated from college, was having a post college, pre-real life, super good time. I was bar tending, partying, picking up and traveling to far away places to party some more. I didn't really have much in the way of financial responsibility yet, and my parents were living in Egypt-- leaving me in charge of the house and my younger sister. It was an "out all night, sleep all day", kind of life. To be honest, I was setting a pretty poor example for my sister, who at the time was working full-time at a nursing home, and was far more responsible than I was. Looking back at that time, and even later, till about age 25, it make...
Comments
Post a Comment