I don't want to get ahead of myself, but I MAY have found an exercise I DON'T HATE! Those of you who know me know that I hate working out with a passion. I hate getting ready to go to the gym, I hate being there, there isn't a moment that I am not whining about how much I hate it. In fact when I was lucky enough to have the services of a personal trainer (we did a show for Discovery Health, and she was a gift for 6 months) I sniped and cursed at her every step of the way. (In a cute, I'm kind of kidding way, of course) If I buy a treadmill, it gets very dusty. Work out DVD's, hate them. My sons (13 &14) have been working out with weights daily in our garage, to start building strength for next football season. Yesterday, the weather was sooooo gorgeous, I decided to go out with them and workout. I followed their workout, and kept up with them rep for rep. Now they were using big, huge, heavy, dumbbells, and I was using much smaller ones, but hey-- I didn't hate it! It was kind of fun working out with them. Who knows, maybe for my 44th birthday I'll be able to post a sculpted buff pic-- Ha! Doubtful.
I am helping to prepare a baby shower for a young woman at our church. She is young, just 22. Thinking about her, and what the future may hold for her and her little family, got me to thinking about life at 22. Much has changed for me since I was 22. That was really a difficult time. I didn't realize at the time that it was difficult. I had graduated from college, was having a post college, pre-real life, super good time. I was bar tending, partying, picking up and traveling to far away places to party some more. I didn't really have much in the way of financial responsibility yet, and my parents were living in Egypt-- leaving me in charge of the house and my younger sister. It was an "out all night, sleep all day", kind of life. To be honest, I was setting a pretty poor example for my sister, who at the time was working full-time at a nursing home, and was far more responsible than I was. Looking back at that time, and even later, till about age 25, it make...
Comments
Post a Comment