I am finding that my brain, and my ability to act are incongruent. My brain never stops. I am constantly crunching numbers on the family budget, planning and plodding trying to make things work for everyone, coming up with interesting ideas I would like to pursue, topics I would like to learn more about, it never stops. Then I wake up in the morning, and before I can even finish my first cup of coffee-- life starts to happen. Nick (4) wants to cuddle (yeah!), as soon as we get comfy he wants milk, sit back down- he wants breakfast, then Michael wakes up and we start again, then Jack with questions about the locations of his shoes, gym clothes, etc.... then William, well to be honest he is pretty independent, but he does ask a whole lot of questions. At the end of the day, I have rarely moved forward on any of my grand ideas, my house is still mostly messy, and I am exhausted and ready for bed. If I am lucky I sleep, but more often-- my brain keeps on moving, egging me on to create mental lists of what I can tackle tomorrow. I wake up, make my coffee..... then here we go again.
I am helping to prepare a baby shower for a young woman at our church. She is young, just 22. Thinking about her, and what the future may hold for her and her little family, got me to thinking about life at 22. Much has changed for me since I was 22. That was really a difficult time. I didn't realize at the time that it was difficult. I had graduated from college, was having a post college, pre-real life, super good time. I was bar tending, partying, picking up and traveling to far away places to party some more. I didn't really have much in the way of financial responsibility yet, and my parents were living in Egypt-- leaving me in charge of the house and my younger sister. It was an "out all night, sleep all day", kind of life. To be honest, I was setting a pretty poor example for my sister, who at the time was working full-time at a nursing home, and was far more responsible than I was. Looking back at that time, and even later, till about age 25, it make...
Comments
Post a Comment