If you are someone who loves me despite our infrequent facebook/texts, and less frequent phone calls, you are likely one of my treasured friends. If you are someone who has forgiven me for my often too bold mouth, and unsolicited advice over the years, I definitely count you among my treasured friends. If you have told me I am beautiful despite my weight, current hair color, or mood, you are diamonds in my treasure box of friends. If you have encouraged me, reminded me of my gifts when I was feeling blue-- you are priceless to me. Thank you, I hope you count me among your treasures too.
I am helping to prepare a baby shower for a young woman at our church. She is young, just 22. Thinking about her, and what the future may hold for her and her little family, got me to thinking about life at 22. Much has changed for me since I was 22. That was really a difficult time. I didn't realize at the time that it was difficult. I had graduated from college, was having a post college, pre-real life, super good time. I was bar tending, partying, picking up and traveling to far away places to party some more. I didn't really have much in the way of financial responsibility yet, and my parents were living in Egypt-- leaving me in charge of the house and my younger sister. It was an "out all night, sleep all day", kind of life. To be honest, I was setting a pretty poor example for my sister, who at the time was working full-time at a nursing home, and was far more responsible than I was. Looking back at that time, and even later, till about age 25, it make...
Comments
Post a Comment