Do you ever wonder what will happen when the kids all grow up? I am a cuddle junkie. I live to hug these boys, to stroke away their tears, to see them smile. I know they love me, but boys grow in to men. They fall in love. They take wives, have children of their own. As much as my husband loves his own mother, he grew up and fell in love with me and we got married. Then when the time came, we picked up and moved 3000 miles away. Just six years later, her other son brought his wife and children out west too. I can't imagine how hard that must be for her. I struggle with this one. I know it is inevitable. I know it will be up to me to walk the balance of being supportive and present in their lives, without being overbearing. Though I still have time with my boys, I know they will be men in the blink of an eye. I sure hope they choose lovely wives...:)
I am helping to prepare a baby shower for a young woman at our church. She is young, just 22. Thinking about her, and what the future may hold for her and her little family, got me to thinking about life at 22. Much has changed for me since I was 22. That was really a difficult time. I didn't realize at the time that it was difficult. I had graduated from college, was having a post college, pre-real life, super good time. I was bar tending, partying, picking up and traveling to far away places to party some more. I didn't really have much in the way of financial responsibility yet, and my parents were living in Egypt-- leaving me in charge of the house and my younger sister. It was an "out all night, sleep all day", kind of life. To be honest, I was setting a pretty poor example for my sister, who at the time was working full-time at a nursing home, and was far more responsible than I was. Looking back at that time, and even later, till about age 25, it make...
Comments
Post a Comment