I am getting excited about the prospect of Fall sports if you can believe that. My big guy is heading into his second year of wrestling, he will be wrestling Varsity this year. With some hard work, and dedication he could be a city champion. Fortunately he has good friends who will push him to his limits. Jack is a freshman at Viewpoint this year, and he lives and breathes football. I am excited to watch him play, that kid is the nicest kid you'll ever meet in life, but he is MEAN on the field. Michael is undecided, so he'll likely play hockey this Fall, then wrestle in the winter. Our littlest guy, will play his first season of Roller Rookies (hockey), he is ready, believe me. This kid has been on hockey skates since he was like 18 months old, no kidding. So it should be a fun season. Who knew I'd end up the ultimate cheerleader??? All seasons, all sports, no time off for this gal. I am really proud of the boys. Hopefully their academic achievements this year will rival their athletic achievements.......time will tell on that one.
I am helping to prepare a baby shower for a young woman at our church. She is young, just 22. Thinking about her, and what the future may hold for her and her little family, got me to thinking about life at 22. Much has changed for me since I was 22. That was really a difficult time. I didn't realize at the time that it was difficult. I had graduated from college, was having a post college, pre-real life, super good time. I was bar tending, partying, picking up and traveling to far away places to party some more. I didn't really have much in the way of financial responsibility yet, and my parents were living in Egypt-- leaving me in charge of the house and my younger sister. It was an "out all night, sleep all day", kind of life. To be honest, I was setting a pretty poor example for my sister, who at the time was working full-time at a nursing home, and was far more responsible than I was. Looking back at that time, and even later, till about age 25, it make...
Comments
Post a Comment