Spring is here, and the school year seems to be speeding up. We are making plans for Summer, and even Fall already. I am still trying to nail down where 2 of my children will go to school next year. This is also the season when I begin planning my own Fall schedule. Potential commitments are starting to present themselves. I have really enjoyed being home and focused on Nick, and on my spiritual growth this past two years. I am feeling called to get back out into the world more though. That is in part, what prompted me to start my jewelry business. I am struggling now with making sure I make wise decisions, and step carefully and prayerfully. I am an impulsive creature. I jump. Fear of change is not one of the things I struggle with. It is really easy for me to get myself over committed, over scheduled, and exhausted. My challenge is slowing down, being prayerful in decision making, and not running ahead of Gods plan for me. I have taken inventory of my gifts, I have identified areas in which I would like to grow, fears I want to face, and now God is leading me to move. He knows me better than anyone, so he has put wise friends in my path to slow me down, to make me seek him first, and to not move forward until I feel that he has opened the door for me. Thank goodness for wise friends. I had a chance to take a long walk with my husband this evening, and talk a bit about all of the things swirling around in my brain. He supports most anything I want to take on, and rarely makes himself an obstacle to my running ahead. Tonight, he agreed that he supports my moving forward with some new commitments- he just wants me to make sure that I am filling up my life with things that matter, not things that just take up time. Wise words from my best friend.
I am helping to prepare a baby shower for a young woman at our church. She is young, just 22. Thinking about her, and what the future may hold for her and her little family, got me to thinking about life at 22. Much has changed for me since I was 22. That was really a difficult time. I didn't realize at the time that it was difficult. I had graduated from college, was having a post college, pre-real life, super good time. I was bar tending, partying, picking up and traveling to far away places to party some more. I didn't really have much in the way of financial responsibility yet, and my parents were living in Egypt-- leaving me in charge of the house and my younger sister. It was an "out all night, sleep all day", kind of life. To be honest, I was setting a pretty poor example for my sister, who at the time was working full-time at a nursing home, and was far more responsible than I was. Looking back at that time, and even later, till about age 25, it make...
Comments
Post a Comment