Wow, what a great night. My family has been running in so many different directions, that I thought that we could definitely benefit from a night out together. I booked the time in advance with my husband, because his schedule fills up crazy fast, and if he isn't working his day job (from home), he and his brother are scheming about how they will get their creative projects made. So I booked time with the family, told the boys to clear their social calendars, and we went out, all together. We went to Buca Di Beppo's, family style Italian, down at City Walk (Universal City). Then we walked all around City Walk enjoying all of the sights and sounds. If you aren't from LA, City Walk, is right outside Universal Studio's Park, it is a total tourist trap, but tons of fun for kids. It has tons of visual stimuli, loud music, street performers, Carnival type food, and tons and tons of people. This is where you go if you want to make sure you have Hollywood chatchKee's to take home to the fam after a vacation here. From fake Oscar's to, California fridge magnets, and every other overpriced, bright colored, shiny thing you can imagine. Kid's love it! We had a wonderful time together, the boys even participated in some conversation. Our 4 year old squealed that his brother has a girlfriend. (still investigating that) Good food, yummy mini donuts for desert, and now I can settle down with a glass of wine and my book. Now that is how I like to start a weekend!
I am helping to prepare a baby shower for a young woman at our church. She is young, just 22. Thinking about her, and what the future may hold for her and her little family, got me to thinking about life at 22. Much has changed for me since I was 22. That was really a difficult time. I didn't realize at the time that it was difficult. I had graduated from college, was having a post college, pre-real life, super good time. I was bar tending, partying, picking up and traveling to far away places to party some more. I didn't really have much in the way of financial responsibility yet, and my parents were living in Egypt-- leaving me in charge of the house and my younger sister. It was an "out all night, sleep all day", kind of life. To be honest, I was setting a pretty poor example for my sister, who at the time was working full-time at a nursing home, and was far more responsible than I was. Looking back at that time, and even later, till about age 25, it make...
Comments
Post a Comment