I love the quiet part of the morning before the morning rush begins. If I am smart enough to haul my butt out of bed before my brood, I get to treasure that time. It is my time, to pray, to read, to write. I should use it to work out, but that is another post. It is hard most days, to sacrifice that extra time to sleep. Like most sacrifices made willingly, it is worth it. A cup of coffee, and quiet time is a treasure. It starts the whole day off better. I find that I am more patient, more sweet, more willing to do my tasks with a smile-- when I start the day off this way. It feels like a gift to myself, but to be honest, it is a gift that is shared with everyone I come into contact with that day.
I am helping to prepare a baby shower for a young woman at our church. She is young, just 22. Thinking about her, and what the future may hold for her and her little family, got me to thinking about life at 22. Much has changed for me since I was 22. That was really a difficult time. I didn't realize at the time that it was difficult. I had graduated from college, was having a post college, pre-real life, super good time. I was bar tending, partying, picking up and traveling to far away places to party some more. I didn't really have much in the way of financial responsibility yet, and my parents were living in Egypt-- leaving me in charge of the house and my younger sister. It was an "out all night, sleep all day", kind of life. To be honest, I was setting a pretty poor example for my sister, who at the time was working full-time at a nursing home, and was far more responsible than I was. Looking back at that time, and even later, till about age 25, it make...
Comments
Post a Comment