I love watching people grow (up). It is so cool to watch old friends, who were just as likely to get in trouble as I was, grow in to really awesome adults. People embracing the incredible gift of parenthood. People loving the Lord, and sharing it openly. People unafraid of admitting that they don't know everything, or that they need help. Facebook makes it possible to see little glimpses of their lives, and I cherish the opportunity to connect. I am sure many who knew me back in my days as a young woman, are surprised to see me sharing my faith. I like that. I am a perfect example of God's love, he doesn't love me because I am or ever was perfect, I was a rebellious, and wreck less kid. He protected me from bad judgement, over, and over. Evidently he has a plan for me that included living past 25. He has gifted me with a family, children who count on me, and the responsibility of raising men who know the Lord. That is a job I take seriously. As I continue to grow, I am a better resource for my sons. Being open to sharing my faith opens really cool doors of opportunity. In fact, just the other day I got in an awesome discussion about Joseph and his progression from the hated little brother to the trusted right hand to Pharaoh, who saved so many despite the many who would have seen him dead or jailed- with my pool man. He is an Armenian gentleman, and to my surprise, a Christian, saved a few years ago. He was thrilled to discuss this with me, and couldn't believe I was discussing it with my sons. He called the Bible his "Life Saver". He said he wished his parents had shared the Word with him as a child. I am not especially Bold about sharing the gospel, so it was cool for me to have this conversation outside of the safety of church, or a bible study. I loved hearing his testimony too. I am babbling, sorry. I just get excited when I see how God works in the lives of people. It never ceases to amaze me.
I am helping to prepare a baby shower for a young woman at our church. She is young, just 22. Thinking about her, and what the future may hold for her and her little family, got me to thinking about life at 22. Much has changed for me since I was 22. That was really a difficult time. I didn't realize at the time that it was difficult. I had graduated from college, was having a post college, pre-real life, super good time. I was bar tending, partying, picking up and traveling to far away places to party some more. I didn't really have much in the way of financial responsibility yet, and my parents were living in Egypt-- leaving me in charge of the house and my younger sister. It was an "out all night, sleep all day", kind of life. To be honest, I was setting a pretty poor example for my sister, who at the time was working full-time at a nursing home, and was far more responsible than I was. Looking back at that time, and even later, till about age 25, it make...
Comments
Post a Comment