Three more days till Easter! I do believe this is one of my favorite days of the year. I am all over the Easter eggs, the parties, and yes I have been known to enjoy the Reese's Peanut Butter eggs. What I love most however is the time with my family. My prayer for that day, is that laptops will close, smart phones will stay put away, that family will talk. We will eat together, laugh together, pray together, and appreciate the enormous significance of Easter. How blessed we are to live lives in a world with a God who cares about every minute detail of our lives. A God who wants us to live lives so full, and so rich. What an amazing and incomprehensible future awaits those who believe in him. My boys get, that I believe. They make fun of me singing my praise music at the top of my lungs, but they will hold hands in prayer with me without hesitation. My prayer is that they get it. My prayer is that the joy of being His, will forever bring joy to their lives. Through misery, through pain, through abundance, and success, I want them to know joy. Whether you celebrate Easter, or if you don't, I wish you the happiest and most joyous week. I pray that the time you have with your family is filled with smiles and laughter (& chocolate!).
I am helping to prepare a baby shower for a young woman at our church. She is young, just 22. Thinking about her, and what the future may hold for her and her little family, got me to thinking about life at 22. Much has changed for me since I was 22. That was really a difficult time. I didn't realize at the time that it was difficult. I had graduated from college, was having a post college, pre-real life, super good time. I was bar tending, partying, picking up and traveling to far away places to party some more. I didn't really have much in the way of financial responsibility yet, and my parents were living in Egypt-- leaving me in charge of the house and my younger sister. It was an "out all night, sleep all day", kind of life. To be honest, I was setting a pretty poor example for my sister, who at the time was working full-time at a nursing home, and was far more responsible than I was. Looking back at that time, and even later, till about age 25, it make...
Comments
Post a Comment