You would think that a woman of 43, who grew up using baby oil and iodine to sun herself (bad, bad!) , who has studied and experimented on every skin care product known to man (to correct the years of sunning herself) , would have known better than to go to a carnival, in a tank top, with NO SUNSCREEN ON!!!!! I am soooo burnt. What was I thinking? Well, every now and then, we just need to humble ourselves with a big dose of stupid, right? So today, when I should be enjoying this gorgeous day, I am feeling crummy, burnt, and tired. Totally my own fault. Lesson learned, until next time. :) Enjoy your day friends, I am nursing my crispy skin.
I am helping to prepare a baby shower for a young woman at our church. She is young, just 22. Thinking about her, and what the future may hold for her and her little family, got me to thinking about life at 22. Much has changed for me since I was 22. That was really a difficult time. I didn't realize at the time that it was difficult. I had graduated from college, was having a post college, pre-real life, super good time. I was bar tending, partying, picking up and traveling to far away places to party some more. I didn't really have much in the way of financial responsibility yet, and my parents were living in Egypt-- leaving me in charge of the house and my younger sister. It was an "out all night, sleep all day", kind of life. To be honest, I was setting a pretty poor example for my sister, who at the time was working full-time at a nursing home, and was far more responsible than I was. Looking back at that time, and even later, till about age 25, it make...
Comments
Post a Comment