Illness has decided to revisit the Rhodes Family. Friday, our lovely friend GastroNightmare, hit hard. It has decided to cling, and visit with each of us just a little while, doesn't want to be rude I suppose. My poor 10 year old has missed more days of school than any of his brothers have in their entire school careers. I am spending more on soup, tea, and cold and flu remedies than I am on groceries. We have had little visits from HeadCold Fred, and Chest Cold Marge too. Oh and headaches, ...oh and sore throats. I am weary of these unwelcome guests. I am tired. I have bags under my eyes, and I look like a wild haired house Frau. I try not to whine and complain, I really do. I don't know what I would do if I still lived back east, and I had this fun, plus the joy of freezing temperatures and no sun. :)
I am helping to prepare a baby shower for a young woman at our church. She is young, just 22. Thinking about her, and what the future may hold for her and her little family, got me to thinking about life at 22. Much has changed for me since I was 22. That was really a difficult time. I didn't realize at the time that it was difficult. I had graduated from college, was having a post college, pre-real life, super good time. I was bar tending, partying, picking up and traveling to far away places to party some more. I didn't really have much in the way of financial responsibility yet, and my parents were living in Egypt-- leaving me in charge of the house and my younger sister. It was an "out all night, sleep all day", kind of life. To be honest, I was setting a pretty poor example for my sister, who at the time was working full-time at a nursing home, and was far more responsible than I was. Looking back at that time, and even later, till about age 25, it make...
Comments
Post a Comment