Skip to main content

stella & dot, we finally met

I went to my very first "stella & dot" opportunity meeting last night. I didn't really know what to expect. I have been to opportunity meetings for other direct marketing businesses, and they are usually at someones house, sitting around the living room, very casual. This one was different. It was at a wine bar. I walked in and there were beautiful "stella & dot" signs, the room was set up really nice. The jewelry display was GORGEOUS. There were a lot of people there. About 50% of the women were guests, people contemplating the business. The rest were stylists, and leaders. A pretty big geographical area was represented. I was most impressed by the fact that the company sent a corporate rep to come speak to us. She flies around the country to speak at scheduled information meetings, answer questions, and help people understand how this company is designed to fit that gap so many women have faced as life changes (career, marriage, children, etc...). I have been searching for years for a career opportunity that would let me be a part of a fun, exciting, business, but with the flexibility to work around my families needs. I thrived in the corporate world. I like staying on top of business trends, marketing strategies, employee development trends. I haven't found too many opportunities to discuss last months "Fast Company" or "Entrepreneur" articles at "Mommy & Me". I do believe I may have found the answer to my prayers-- a way to be a part of an exciting, cutting edge company, where I can achieve as much success as I am willing to work for---- and a way to connect with other women who like me are balancing families etc... To top it off I get to play with hot, fashion forward, jewelry, designed by world class designers! I'll keep you posted, but I think I may have found a Win Win. Have a great weekend! I want to thank those of you who have taken the time to let me know you follow my blog. It is encouraging to me, and I appreciate it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I came to know Him

I am helping to prepare a baby shower for a young woman at our church. She is young, just 22. Thinking about her, and what the future may hold for her and her little family, got me to thinking about life at 22. Much has changed for me since I was 22. That was really a difficult time. I didn't realize at the time that it was difficult. I had graduated from college, was having a post college, pre-real life, super good time. I was bar tending, partying, picking up and traveling to far away places to party some more. I didn't really have much in the way of financial responsibility yet, and my parents were living in Egypt-- leaving me in charge of the house and my younger sister. It was an "out all night, sleep all day", kind of life. To be honest, I was setting a pretty poor example for my sister, who at the time was working full-time at a nursing home, and was far more responsible than I was. Looking back at that time, and even later, till about age 25, it make...

Quiet days of Summer- Ha!! Lol....

Summer is a wonderful time if you have the luxury to stay home with your kids and enjoy the slower pace.  Lazy days, pool time, reading, outings, and spending time at the beach is good for the soul.  If you are a parent who keeps your kids home with you vs. sending them to camp--- there is also a dark side to the lazy days of Summer. I know many Moms who say loud and proud, "I can't wait till Summer!! Oh yeah! Only 3 more weeks!!, Oh no! It's over already! We need a few more weeks!!" Are you one of those? Do you say it with a straight face? Ok, maybe you are sincere.  Bully for you, you win the Mom medal. Those are NOT my people.  I love my kids, don't get me wrong, I really do.  I love reading time, and lego time, and swimming, and picnics at the beach-- as much as any other Mom.  Let's get real for a minute though.  We can't play down the other side of life with kids. The constant fighting The whining The meltdowns (yes one of our guys st...

It's Summer, bring on the Baby Oil and Iodine! Not!

I was a teenager in the 80's.  We were living in Southern Pennsylvania, where the Winter's were cold & icy, and the Summer's were hot and sweaty.  The first hint of warm weather signaled us to bring our the shorts, and baby oil. We were all about getting our tan on.  You either used one of those coconut smelling tanning concoctions, or if you were hard core (like me, and my girls) you used Grandma Helen's formula, baby oil and iodine.  We would slather that oily mess on from head to toe, squeeze lemons onto our hair (or later sprayed Sun-In all over it), grab the cordless phone, our favorite nail polish, and head out to the pool. Now as a parent, and adult, my first thought is "oh no! don't get all of that crap in the pool!". My parents tried, believe me.  My sister and I would still get right in, get on the float and get our tan on. You couldn't lay on the side see.  You need the water to reflect and make sure you got the ultimate amount of sun...