What a weird day! It is raining, hard, here in SoCal. My pool is about to overflow. The water is seeping into my Master Bedroom, what a mess. The boys are trying to do the Man thing, because Dad is out of town. Jack and Michael were tossing buckets of water into the trees to try to lower the water level outside my door. Jack is laying towels and sopping up mess. Flash flood warnings, everything cancelled, too nasty to go out. It might as well be a blizzard with three feet of snow around here. So tomorrow is a school day. I am wondering if we'll have a delay, or even a cancellation, seriously. We are not prepared for this nonsense out here. Everything floods, roofs leak, cars crash, it's crazy. Well Happy Monday. I hope things get back to normal.
I am helping to prepare a baby shower for a young woman at our church. She is young, just 22. Thinking about her, and what the future may hold for her and her little family, got me to thinking about life at 22. Much has changed for me since I was 22. That was really a difficult time. I didn't realize at the time that it was difficult. I had graduated from college, was having a post college, pre-real life, super good time. I was bar tending, partying, picking up and traveling to far away places to party some more. I didn't really have much in the way of financial responsibility yet, and my parents were living in Egypt-- leaving me in charge of the house and my younger sister. It was an "out all night, sleep all day", kind of life. To be honest, I was setting a pretty poor example for my sister, who at the time was working full-time at a nursing home, and was far more responsible than I was. Looking back at that time, and even later, till about age 25, it make...
Comments
Post a Comment