Skip to main content

Poker, Jewels, and Mom gets properly appreciated!

I am working on some new design ideas, so keep an eye out for new pics on the jewelry design page of this blog. I'll have new stuff all ready for preview and purchase before Mother's Day Ladies! My husband is organizing a poker night/ get your wife a nice gift for Mother's Day event, complete with guy food, and beverages, and of course a good night of poker. If you think your husband might be interested in playing, keep an eye out for the evite, they can get lost in the muck of emails. I would love to see your jewel wishlists! It will make it easier for your man to do an AWESOME job on Mother's Day (or any other big occasion) if you give me a heads up on what would make you feel FABULOUS. That goes for friends near and far. Take a look at my e-boutique http://stelladot.com/victoriarhodes to check out Stella & Dot, or take a look at this blog for my handcrafted pieces. Give me a heads up, and I will personally contact your hubby to help him shop. Either way, you will get an awesome gift, wrapped, and delivered to your doorstep. All your husband has to do is add a gushy note, and the story about how hard he worked to pick out something perfect! Don't forget to check out my new stuff! (I say that to put pressure on myself to follow through with making it and getting pics posted, lol..) Have a great week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I came to know Him

I am helping to prepare a baby shower for a young woman at our church. She is young, just 22. Thinking about her, and what the future may hold for her and her little family, got me to thinking about life at 22. Much has changed for me since I was 22. That was really a difficult time. I didn't realize at the time that it was difficult. I had graduated from college, was having a post college, pre-real life, super good time. I was bar tending, partying, picking up and traveling to far away places to party some more. I didn't really have much in the way of financial responsibility yet, and my parents were living in Egypt-- leaving me in charge of the house and my younger sister. It was an "out all night, sleep all day", kind of life. To be honest, I was setting a pretty poor example for my sister, who at the time was working full-time at a nursing home, and was far more responsible than I was. Looking back at that time, and even later, till about age 25, it make...

Quiet days of Summer- Ha!! Lol....

Summer is a wonderful time if you have the luxury to stay home with your kids and enjoy the slower pace.  Lazy days, pool time, reading, outings, and spending time at the beach is good for the soul.  If you are a parent who keeps your kids home with you vs. sending them to camp--- there is also a dark side to the lazy days of Summer. I know many Moms who say loud and proud, "I can't wait till Summer!! Oh yeah! Only 3 more weeks!!, Oh no! It's over already! We need a few more weeks!!" Are you one of those? Do you say it with a straight face? Ok, maybe you are sincere.  Bully for you, you win the Mom medal. Those are NOT my people.  I love my kids, don't get me wrong, I really do.  I love reading time, and lego time, and swimming, and picnics at the beach-- as much as any other Mom.  Let's get real for a minute though.  We can't play down the other side of life with kids. The constant fighting The whining The meltdowns (yes one of our guys st...

It's Summer, bring on the Baby Oil and Iodine! Not!

I was a teenager in the 80's.  We were living in Southern Pennsylvania, where the Winter's were cold & icy, and the Summer's were hot and sweaty.  The first hint of warm weather signaled us to bring our the shorts, and baby oil. We were all about getting our tan on.  You either used one of those coconut smelling tanning concoctions, or if you were hard core (like me, and my girls) you used Grandma Helen's formula, baby oil and iodine.  We would slather that oily mess on from head to toe, squeeze lemons onto our hair (or later sprayed Sun-In all over it), grab the cordless phone, our favorite nail polish, and head out to the pool. Now as a parent, and adult, my first thought is "oh no! don't get all of that crap in the pool!". My parents tried, believe me.  My sister and I would still get right in, get on the float and get our tan on. You couldn't lay on the side see.  You need the water to reflect and make sure you got the ultimate amount of sun...