As two of my babies are entering the fun season of girls and rebellion (not yet, but I am anticipating the fun to come), I have to laugh at the weird season of life I am in. I spent an afternoon at Mommy & Me playing with puppets, singing Teensy Weensy Spider, and getting paint all over my outfit. It really is kind of comical. I have one son in high school, one soon to follow, one in elementary school, and one in pre-school. I don't know if I should be finding myself, seeking playdates, or studying up on college entrance requirements. Fortunately for me, I am not afraid of change. In fact, I have been accused of seeking out life complications when things seem too calm. I take on some huge challenge just when things start to get manageable. Some day this will make a really funny book. Oh, and tonight I had coffee with a friend and her gorgeous 17 year old daughter, and her beautiful 2 year old daughter-- like minds connect!
I am helping to prepare a baby shower for a young woman at our church. She is young, just 22. Thinking about her, and what the future may hold for her and her little family, got me to thinking about life at 22. Much has changed for me since I was 22. That was really a difficult time. I didn't realize at the time that it was difficult. I had graduated from college, was having a post college, pre-real life, super good time. I was bar tending, partying, picking up and traveling to far away places to party some more. I didn't really have much in the way of financial responsibility yet, and my parents were living in Egypt-- leaving me in charge of the house and my younger sister. It was an "out all night, sleep all day", kind of life. To be honest, I was setting a pretty poor example for my sister, who at the time was working full-time at a nursing home, and was far more responsible than I was. Looking back at that time, and even later, till about age 25, it make...
Comments
Post a Comment