We celebrated my husbands 47th birthday this weekend! Wow, it is hard to believe that we have been together for 19 years. Time is going by crazy fast. He had a poker night with his brother, nephew and a few friends. He took lots of naps. He got to chill and watch super boring TV with no hassles. He got his requested lasagna dinner, and we had the family over to enjoy it. He doesn't ask for a lot, and I believe he really enjoyed himself. He got a special surprise yesterday, as our 10 year old gave him a huge loaf of sharp cheddar (has to be like 5 lbs at least) that he bought him with his very own money. Jeff loves cheese. Tomorrow two of his very dearest, and oldest friends, the Leonardi brothers, come to town. Not a bad 47th! Now I'll be under a little pressure for his 50th, but I have a few years to figure that out!
I am helping to prepare a baby shower for a young woman at our church. She is young, just 22. Thinking about her, and what the future may hold for her and her little family, got me to thinking about life at 22. Much has changed for me since I was 22. That was really a difficult time. I didn't realize at the time that it was difficult. I had graduated from college, was having a post college, pre-real life, super good time. I was bar tending, partying, picking up and traveling to far away places to party some more. I didn't really have much in the way of financial responsibility yet, and my parents were living in Egypt-- leaving me in charge of the house and my younger sister. It was an "out all night, sleep all day", kind of life. To be honest, I was setting a pretty poor example for my sister, who at the time was working full-time at a nursing home, and was far more responsible than I was. Looking back at that time, and even later, till about age 25, it make...
Comments
Post a Comment