I need a breath of fresh motivation. When life takes over and pressing priorities seem overwhelming it is really tough to stay motivated. Working for yourself has many rewards. The ability to have some level of control over your work life, when you work, how often you work, etc.. That flexibility can also be a disadvantage. When life gets complicated, it is too easy to put your work on the back burner to deal with what feels like more pressing priorities. So, for the past two weeks, my Jewelry business has definitely been on the back burner. That leaves me in the position of having to get re-charged, and start fresh. It also means I lost any momentum I had going. So I am not going to wait till Monday, waiting is a cop out. I am going to complete a minimum of three tasks today (calls, mailing etc..) that will move my business in a positive direction. I will also be purchasing a Mega Millions ticket, on the off chance that God has grander plans for me. Then I will gear up to be out in the world at wrestling tournaments, and hockey games, and restaurants, wearing FABULOUS Stella & Dot jewelry, ready and waiting for the compliments and questions about where to get it. My cards and catalogs will be ready to offer, and I WILL follow-up! ( I am basically giving myself a pep talk right now, and you are getting the unique opportunity to hear me talk to myself. If you were driving past me today, you might even get to SEE me talk to myself, as I give myself another pep talk while I drive) So have a fantastic weekend everyone!
I am helping to prepare a baby shower for a young woman at our church. She is young, just 22. Thinking about her, and what the future may hold for her and her little family, got me to thinking about life at 22. Much has changed for me since I was 22. That was really a difficult time. I didn't realize at the time that it was difficult. I had graduated from college, was having a post college, pre-real life, super good time. I was bar tending, partying, picking up and traveling to far away places to party some more. I didn't really have much in the way of financial responsibility yet, and my parents were living in Egypt-- leaving me in charge of the house and my younger sister. It was an "out all night, sleep all day", kind of life. To be honest, I was setting a pretty poor example for my sister, who at the time was working full-time at a nursing home, and was far more responsible than I was. Looking back at that time, and even later, till about age 25, it make...
Comments
Post a Comment