Do you ever feel like life is spiraling a little out of control? Everything is converging, priorities are all "hot". Spring seems like the season for that. It seems that all sorts of decisions are needing to be made, actions taken, forms filled out, checks written, in every direction, from pre-school to high school. Fortunately for me, I don't have anyone in college yet, but I am already overwhelmed with the idea of preparing for that stage of life. I am scheduled to attend a financial aide seminar this weekend to help me get ready. It just so happens that on the same day we have an all day wrestling tournament, a hockey game, and an Awana event at Church. If there was ever a time I wish I had a clone hiding in the closet to help out, it would be now. I have also an extra level of chaos to the household by agreeing to take in a black lab pup (8months old), and as good as he is, two big dogs romping around in an already chaotic household, is a little over the top. When talking to my Mom this morning, she lovingly pointed out that life must have been getting too calm and manageable for me, and as is my lifelong pattern, I had to add a layer of complication to the mix. Thanks Mom, I never see it when I am doing it, but I can't help but see it after the fact, you are right. I also volunteered to be on the PFA boards at both my son's elementary school, and my oldest's High School for next year. My oh my, how history repeats itself. Good thing summer is on it's way, I am tired. :)
I am helping to prepare a baby shower for a young woman at our church. She is young, just 22. Thinking about her, and what the future may hold for her and her little family, got me to thinking about life at 22. Much has changed for me since I was 22. That was really a difficult time. I didn't realize at the time that it was difficult. I had graduated from college, was having a post college, pre-real life, super good time. I was bar tending, partying, picking up and traveling to far away places to party some more. I didn't really have much in the way of financial responsibility yet, and my parents were living in Egypt-- leaving me in charge of the house and my younger sister. It was an "out all night, sleep all day", kind of life. To be honest, I was setting a pretty poor example for my sister, who at the time was working full-time at a nursing home, and was far more responsible than I was. Looking back at that time, and even later, till about age 25, it make...
Comments
Post a Comment