This weather is GORGEOUS! We have friends from back east visiting, and our Gorgeous LA weather came out to play, just in time for their visit. A beautiful day makes you want to get up, get out, and enjoy the day. There is no room for sweatpants, or soap opera's on a day like today. You want to look your best, feel your best, and recharge. I love my east coast friends. I miss you an awful lot. Having the fabulous Leonardi brothers out for a visit, makes me even more homesick for old friends. BUT, I can say in all honesty my friends, it would take wild horses to drag me back to a Baltimore winter for good. I have gotten soft out here in LA, and I shiver when the temperature falls below 70. I light the fireplace, and bundle up in UGGS and sweaters. You would laugh at me, go on, chuckle. You can make fun of me, then go make your reservations to come out for a visit. :)
I am helping to prepare a baby shower for a young woman at our church. She is young, just 22. Thinking about her, and what the future may hold for her and her little family, got me to thinking about life at 22. Much has changed for me since I was 22. That was really a difficult time. I didn't realize at the time that it was difficult. I had graduated from college, was having a post college, pre-real life, super good time. I was bar tending, partying, picking up and traveling to far away places to party some more. I didn't really have much in the way of financial responsibility yet, and my parents were living in Egypt-- leaving me in charge of the house and my younger sister. It was an "out all night, sleep all day", kind of life. To be honest, I was setting a pretty poor example for my sister, who at the time was working full-time at a nursing home, and was far more responsible than I was. Looking back at that time, and even later, till about age 25, it make...
Comments
Post a Comment