My whole house shakes as my son plays handball against an outside wall. The dog runs around like crazy while the four year old taunts him with the shrill sounds of a toy harmonica. Pizza dough sits risen, ready for me to start making pizza's for our Friday night dinner. I fend off sleep over requests from my son Michael, who is always up for inviting 3 or 4 friends over to stay up all night. The 14 year old is attempting to catch the Borgias in his Assassins Creed game. The neighbor boys bellow over the back wall for the boys to come out and play. Believe it or not, despite all of the activity, it is actually kind of peaceful around here this evening. Everyone is home. Everyone seems content. All is good. So I'll get I'll get up, pour myself a glass of wine, and make a few pizza's. Have a nice weekend everyone!
I am helping to prepare a baby shower for a young woman at our church. She is young, just 22. Thinking about her, and what the future may hold for her and her little family, got me to thinking about life at 22. Much has changed for me since I was 22. That was really a difficult time. I didn't realize at the time that it was difficult. I had graduated from college, was having a post college, pre-real life, super good time. I was bar tending, partying, picking up and traveling to far away places to party some more. I didn't really have much in the way of financial responsibility yet, and my parents were living in Egypt-- leaving me in charge of the house and my younger sister. It was an "out all night, sleep all day", kind of life. To be honest, I was setting a pretty poor example for my sister, who at the time was working full-time at a nursing home, and was far more responsible than I was. Looking back at that time, and even later, till about age 25, it make...
Comments
Post a Comment