When you start looking at your life, and the many events who have shaped who you are, it is hard to ignore the fact that God uses challenging circumstances for his purpose. Think about diamonds and what a treasure they are, think about how they are created, under ENORMOUS pressure, right? Take a sec to look at your life through a different lens. How have you morphed and changed over time? What life events have challenged you to stretch, to tolerate more than you ever thought you could? Now take a moment to think about your gifts, even the secret ones that no one knows about. Are you the quiet shy woman with an angel's voice? Do you have the gift of compassion? Do you see solutions where others see walls? What is easy for you that is hard for many other people? Do you have the gift of gab? That can be an amazing tool to network and pull people together. You are an amazing design, the Creator made you just the way you are for his purpose. What are you doing with your gifts? I'm not asking you anything that I am not asking myself, believe me. I just want to live the fullest life I can, and I want that for you too. So I hope you'll give this a little thought this week. As always, I welcome your thoughts, I would love to hear you share. Even if you don't want it posted. I got an amazing email yesterday, that I found so encouraging. The ability to reach out and encourage another is a very special gift.
I am helping to prepare a baby shower for a young woman at our church. She is young, just 22. Thinking about her, and what the future may hold for her and her little family, got me to thinking about life at 22. Much has changed for me since I was 22. That was really a difficult time. I didn't realize at the time that it was difficult. I had graduated from college, was having a post college, pre-real life, super good time. I was bar tending, partying, picking up and traveling to far away places to party some more. I didn't really have much in the way of financial responsibility yet, and my parents were living in Egypt-- leaving me in charge of the house and my younger sister. It was an "out all night, sleep all day", kind of life. To be honest, I was setting a pretty poor example for my sister, who at the time was working full-time at a nursing home, and was far more responsible than I was. Looking back at that time, and even later, till about age 25, it make...
Comments
Post a Comment